Monday, September 3, 2012

Farewell Isaac!

Hello there :)

Hurricane Isaac is FINALLY gone. We are safe, our home is safe. Our home lost power for about 24 hours. We had the doors to our shed blown off, no biggie. We have family and friends who did not fare so well. Many flooded. There are still many without power. We actually evacuated to my in-laws house & were so fortunate to have power through out the entire storm. They only live about 2 miles away but we are very close to Lake Pontchartrain & in a low lying area so went just in case our house flooded, which it did not. We know that we are so very fortunate! The storm did seem to last forever. It was stationary for a bit, moved a little, stayed a little, but finally moved on.

On Thursday, just as Isaac was leaving, we received wonderful news from Nancy! Our dossier has now been submitted :) We are getting so close to bringing our little boy home!!!!

We had a Yard Sale planned for this weekend that we decided to go ahead with despite the fact that we did not get to advertise it in the paper. Needless to say, it did not go so well. I am sure many people are still returning. We just decided to go ahead since we has it planned anyway.We will try again next weekend.

We are still selling the Discount Cards. They are such an awesome deal! The discounts are amazing. You can view & purchase  them HERE Please also share the fundraiser with your friends & family! They are good NATIONWIDE at over 300,000 locations AND come with a bonus $25 Restaurant.com gift card!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I caught a typo so I'm redoing this comment! Such great news! So glad you were submitted! Your family is coming soon Silas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your adoption story here recently and I would really like to help you get closer to your adoption. I have a soft spot in my heart for Downs Syndrome kids and special needs kids. I am a Tupperware consultant and Tupperware has a very generous Fundraising program. I have recently hosted 2 of these Fundraisers for other families adopting and they have done well. I would love to host one for your family and help you get closer to what you need for your adoption.

    Fundraisers Receive:

    40% of the online sales totals. Tupperware will issue you one check within 2 weeks after the fundraiser closes.

    Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to see if I can answer them. If you would like to set up an adoption fundraiser, just email me and let's see how much we can raise for y'all!! I'll be happy to put you in touch with the other 2 families I've worked with and answer any questions you might have.

    Blessings!
    Susan Godfrey
    susan@susangodfrey.com

    ReplyDelete